Monday, September 23, 2013

WELCOME!!!!!

Hello!


Welcome to my new blog. Wonder why I didn't do this before but here I am. I want to start posting something I shared on Facebook that might help artists like myself to embrace who you are and what you do.....



Hey Guys!

I have always striven to be better at drawing and learn as much as I could but in one way or another I've wished I could draw as well as that guy at Disney, or that famous illustrator or even some of the guys I worked with and looked up to..... I was not necessarily being competitive, but I wanted to draw like the guy I really admired so I could be more successful and just be...you know...THAT good...

The thing is, everyone has limits and it's up to you to find yours and never, never let anyone tell you what your limits are. We are always learning and always trying to do our best but I do believe that at one point or another you have to embrace what you do. Yeah, I'm no Glen Keane or Frank Frazetta but I love the way I draw and although cartoony, it's pretty appealing and solid, and after a life time of drawing and 25 years in Animation, I finally feel more comfortable about my drawing ability. I still want to draw better and although I use other artists work as reference, I stopped comparing and I'm happier this way. Not everyone will like my style, some love it.....the important thing is that I Am Happier with it. My drawings are me and I am my drawings. Although it might be obvious to some people who know my work, I finally feel like I have my own style. It was there before, but it felt like I was still searching for it...

Well....I found it....

Cheers







No comments:

Post a Comment