Monday, June 14, 2021

Poster Boy....

Hi!

If you are wondering I have never been on a poster or represented a major social or religious group, but I always wanted to create a poster, something that represents many years of work and creation in my career.  

Being a professional animator, I never had a lot of time to create characters as much as giving them life but character design was always something I strived for and besides an opportunity here and there to create something unique, only after I went solo is when I had the chance to have my creative mind flow like never before and come up with hundreds, if not thousands of characters for Children's Books, Games and TV Shows as well as my own original designs.

I enjoy every moment of it and although I am very critical of my work, there are characters that I actually like and want to share with everyone. At first I though of a book, then t-shirts, but then I thought "What if I put some of my characters on a Poster and title it "The Art and Animation of an Animation Artist"?

Honestly, I had no idea how long it will take me to put it all together. Just the composition took me forever but choosing over 150 characters to put in it was a very long process, considering a lot of the ones I liked were older drawings and I just wanted to do them again.

After months I finally came up with something I was happy with and I got them printed in high quality paper and they looked great. I sold out of them pretty quickly, although a couple of people asked me why they should buy my poster if I wasn't famous or anything. I can't say it didn't hurt to hear that, not because I wanted to be famous but because I just want people to get it if they enjoy the designs and would love to have that up on their wall.

I'm now printing a second run with 2 different sizes, 24x36 and 18x24 which will be available in a couple of months...

...BUT WAIT!!!! There's more...

Due to the (mild)success of the first one, I'm also working on my second poster with better and funnier characters. I think I'm a better character designer now and I have a feeling this one will be more fun. 

The thing is, regardless if I'm famous or not, I just wanted to share some of my 30+ years of work in Animation, books, games and TV shows that I had the pleasure to be part of. I'm lucky to do what I love and I still love doing this as much as I did when I started. 

Having said that, I'm pretty sure a 3rd poster will be on its way in the near future..... eventually :)

Cheers





No comments:

Post a Comment